Thursday 4 March 2010

My name is Cheryl

I've always had a problem with names. It's not an age thing, it's just a problem. When I was with the Army, one of the best changes that came along was when the soldiers were issued with name tags to wear on their combats and woolly pulleys. I could then have a quick look and avoid that long delay whilst I mentally ran through the alphabet.
But I have no excuse for the following ... because when I went to order a pot of tea and a sandwich today, Cheryl looked me in the eye and asked "What's my Name" ... a trick question? a test of my mental agility? No ... When writing up the splendid events of the Mexican Night I had inexplicably written her name as Sharon .... So I've made the change, made the apology but unfortunately the next slip up is just round the corner ... lets hope I got the names right on the Honours Boards which are currently away being engraved!!

No comments: