Sunday 6 December 2009

Presentation Evening - The Statistics

I thought the following statistics may be of interest to those members who attended the Presentation on Friday evening, and also to those members who failed to attend or maybe were not due to collect awards.
There were 134 awards in total made to the Men's, Ladies and Junior Sections.
The Men's Section made 55 awards to 39 individuals, of whom 25 attended (64%) and of the 14 not attending, 11 did not bother to reply to their invitation or to inform me that they were not coming. 17 awards were left uncollected on the night.
The Ladies Section made 47 awards to 20 individuals, of whom 18 attended and the 2 not attending both sent their apologies.
The Junior boys received 26 awards to 11 individuals of whom 6 attended (55%) and all 5 not attending did did not bother to reply to their invitation or to inform me that they were not coming. 11 awards were left uncollected on the night.
My special thanks to all the volunteers who helped prior to the event and on the day. Nora Quinn. Linda Woof and Ciaran Hannon polished the trophies and the cabinet all morning. Deborah and Yvonne Welch and Brian King assisted with the trophy and table layout prior to the evening. Brian King also ferried trophies to the engraver in Blyth (in addition to the 3 trips I made myself) and helped me with the printing of the programmes. Kath Morpeth tagged all the Ladies trophies for engraving and generally I ran around like the proverbial blue ***** fly.
Kenny and Pat compered the evening and Maureen and I did the Captain's duties on the night. The photographs on the web are courtesy of Candy and the Barrie Guy ones are yet to be published.
Well done to all who put in the effort to ensure that the evening went well.

No comments: