Monday 27 April 2009

Old News but Good News

I was sitting in the garden on Saturday, sunning myself as I read the latest copy of English Club Golfer, the free paper that is available in the Clubhouse, when I spotted a familiar face in one of the photographs. It was one of our members,Ian Davidson, a Men's team player and last years Player of the Year. As I read the article, it transpires that Ian entered a 'Single Figure Golfer' (SFG) competition organised by the English Club Golfer and battled his way through the qualifying tour and regional finals and ended up playing at Woodhall Spa in a team representing SFG against a team of ex-Ryder Cup, Walker Cup and Solheim Cup golfers. Over two days, using a mix of foursomes, fourballs and singles structured to reflect the Ryder Cup matches Ian had the opportunity to play golf against some impressive international talent. Well done Ian, a great achievement and I'm sure a very memorable occasion.

No comments: