Sunday 25 January 2009

Day 1 of the adventure

My time has come and my term of office as Captain at Parklands commenced today at the Men's AGM, where Captain Paul Fairley handed over the reins and I in turn announced the Vice Captain for 2009 as Brian King. My sincere thanks go to Paul Fairley for his guiding hand throughout my year as his apprentice. It's an easy task to learn the ropes from such a nice guy. Good luck in you year as Immediate Past Captain Paul.
There is no more deserving a person for the choice of Brian King as Vice Captain. It is reward and recognition for the extraordinary contribution to the running of the Men's Section over the last 5 years or more.
In addition, Barry Guy was re-elected for a period of 3 years along with 3 new members of the Committee, Brian Rutherford, Ronnie Dixon and David York. Welcome and we look forward to your contribution and input during 2009 and beyond.
Many thanks to all the members who attended the meeting.

No comments: